road trip


We made a road trip with Tom and Betty yesterday. We drove to New Ulm for dinner at George's. We lingered a long time over appetizers, wine, and dinner. George came over to tell a joke. We had all heard it before, we knew it involved Spanky from the Little Rascals, but not one of us could remember the word that started with D or the punchline. That was almost funnier than the joke once we were able to retrieve it from our dusty old mental shelves.

On the way home, we stopped at the Crow Bar in Courtland. The other five patrons were all wearing camouflage which gives an odd ambiance. Of course, I had to have my picture taken with the cardboard cut-out.

Not so much going on today. I'm going to walk downtown to meet my friend, Kris, for coffee or lunch. The sun is shining. I have things to do so I better get out of my chair and get moving.

Later...Woodrow's great escape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff