eagles and assorted photos


In the past two days, I have seen four eagles soaring over the Minnesota River Valley. (Clearly I did not take this photo out the window of a moving car with my phone.) One, I saw on a walk at the treaty site and three yesterday on a drive home from Mankato.

This morning, this is the rune I drew from the bag. It's Perth and indicates that deep inner transformational forces are at work. Becoming whole is not easily achieved or readily shared. This rune is symbolized by the eagle's soaring flight, free from entanglement, lifting the self above the endless ebb and flow of ordinary life to acquire a broader vision. How's that for some irony?


I am continuing my mission to sort and move and organize. These tubs are all empty! The porch will be civilized by Thanksgiving Day so we don't have to be embarrassed to have people sit there.


Betty, look at the red cabinet by the front door. I see the pictures are a little crooked. Ah, well. This is a tv cabinet we bought right before tv cabinets became obsolete. I ordered a shelving unit to fit in the top part so it's more usable. Little shelves and drawers for things like mittens and hats.



Woodrow is interested in taking a nap right now and not in hopping in and out of drawers.


Betty helped me pick out these things for the table in front of the window. That's Woody's bed which he rarely sleeps in since he got the king size bed from Gus.


A little autumn color. No candles will be lit while we have company...or probably not ever since Woodrow is so curious. I have the candle in the front window that runs on a battery and a timer. That's my kind of candle.


Sunflower photo taken by Cousin Deb. Wine sign was a birthday gift from Jill. Flower arrangement was a gift from Mom.


My serenity corner in the office. I didn't put the atomic clock there....Regis did.


My Himalayan salt lamp on my desktop. My clean desktop, I must add.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff