la dee da it's friday


I have had a peaceful week. I start the day with my morning routine, I plan a time to exercise, I walk with Deb when we are both available, I read, I write. All very healing.

One of my favorite things about retirement is that I don't feel the need to be busy all the time. I like to say no to lots of things. I enjoy having time to sit at the window with my coffee, to meet friends, to watch birds, and to do nothing. Next week, I am planning to think mostly about Thanksgiving. We thought it would be a small group but it has grown a bit and I am glad for that.

Last night, Woodrow decided he liked sitting on Regis's shoulder while he walks around the house. At least Regis gets to be upright. When Woodrow wants a ride from me, I have to bend over so he can sit on my back.

I'm subbing this afternoon in one of my favorite classrooms. It will be a nice way to end the week. Then Regis and I will motor to Mankato for his appointment. We'll stop somewhere for dinner on our way out of town. I love a Friday like this.

Have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the bright blue skies of November and the brisk breeze. It's good for cleaning those cobwebs out of your head!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff