the passage

Teiwaz
Inguz
Ah, the runes that signify the end of my journey, although Mary would caution me to not move too quickly, to be patient. I told her yesterday, the process has been like wading into a slow moving river and being swept gently to another place.

I heard this morning that Winston Borden, my Facebook friend, passed away last night. I remember him from Almanac and when a friend of mine suggested following his cancer journey on Facebook, I did. His was not an easy life but he was quite a philosopher and gentleman. He will be missed by those who knew him personally and by those who knew him through his cyber community.

I have been at my desk for a long time this morning. There are book reviews to read: Ian Rankin (one of my favorite mystery authors) has a new book out, Saints of the Shadow Bible, and will be in Minneapolis Saturday night. Too bad it's at night and too bad it's so far away. Ah, well.


I have a wonderful plan for the week. Things to bake, things to write, things to mail, things to pack up for the thrift store. It occurred to me yesterday that I should gather some of my favorite things on the table and take a picture so those of you who worry about my minimalistic tendencies will know that I still have favorite things.


And so, my day begins. Just like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff