sunday morning


I have been crazy busy. Crazy busy but wonderfully crazy busy. Last night I went to dinner with two women friends. We had a great meal, lots of laughter, story telling, sharing, fun. Then we went to a magic and comedy show where we did lots of good old belly laughing until you cry and shake. When we came out, the almost full moon was rising over the Minnesota River. It took my breath away. It was magic magic magic... in more ways than one.

I have been working a few days a week. It's good money and I enjoy the kids...and best of all...I don't have to give a big rat's ass about the politics. Wahoo! I realized yesterday though, that I have apparently agreed to work three days this week which seems excessive. I might take November off...just to get caught up, you know.

I have been baking bread which seems like a very healing thing for me and a way to reach out to people who need me right now. A lovely couple in town who I only know through acquaintances have both been diagnosed with cancer and are going through treatment at the same time. I could barely do it when it was just me, not working, no small kids, and a husband who doted on me. I wonder where people find the strength. Anyway, today, I will take them a loaf of bread. That's for you, Hugh Sutherlund.

I love the Nordic runes and became a believer in their power about two years ago, in the beginning of my healing. This morning, as I cleaned off my desk and started organizing for the week, I found the rune bag and the little book that describes what they mean. I almost didn't pull one...I don't very often anymore. But something drew me to do it. I felt around, felt around like I always do and then pulled one. Blank. I almost dropped it back in as I have never drawn that one and thought it must be nothing. It does, but not nothing in the way I thought.

The blank ruin is Odin, the unknowable. It is blank the ending, the beginning. I had goosebumps. Even though this rune draws to the surface my deepest fears, I should know that the work of self-change is progressing in my life. In one sense it represents karma, the sum total of what I have done and the limits on what I am and will become. It also teaches that the very debts of old karma shift and evolve as I shift and evolve. What beckons is the creative power of the unknown.

I had a hard drive melt down on Thursday night when I wanted to listen to an interview on the web. I'm talking about my own hard drive. The one between my ears. I was downloading things like crazy which is never a good thing. End result: epic fail on that one. I hope it is archived so I can listen to it today.

Regis drove the Gus bus until 2:30 am this morning. I slept a little before he got home and not much after so I am feeling a little brain-smacked. Ah, well. Nothing that a little coffee won't cure. I love a coffee company that names it beans things like WTF and Wake the Dead.

  

Happy beautiful October day! Go outside in the sunshine with your coffee, kick some leaves, sing and dance. What the hell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff