the day before thanksgiving

I think I do this every year. I have such good intentions of coming into the holiday with everything clean and organized. I work hard at it and it looks like it almost might happen. The the shit hits the fan. I work a day. Regis works a day. Somebody comes in and stirs up our stuff. And suddenly it's the day before Thanksgiving and there is a huge mess.

Peter, April, and Elliot are coming late this afternoon so I have between now, 5 am, and then, to get things in order. So, what am I doing? Drinking coffee, writing on my blog, thinking of making some more ice candles for my friend, Shelley.

Jill sent me this:
The modern blog evolved from the online diary, where people would keep a running account of their personal lives. Most such writers called themselves diarists, journalists, or journalers. A few called themselves "escribitionists”.  (The word “escribir” means “to write” in Spanish.) I told her that fits perfectly. A combination of the words to write and exhibitionist. Indeed.

I have been obsessed with this grain blend this week. It was called for in several bread recipes that I wanted to try. Too cheap to pay for it at King Arthur, I found a recipe and concocted my own grain blend. It's beautiful, isn't it? I can't wait to try it in bread. Maybe Friday.


I worked at the Treaty Site yesterday. Regis and Gus gave me a ride and we went for a walk in the woods before I had to go in. So peaceful.


This is what it looks like from my little station in the front. The sun came through the overhead windows several times and I basked like a fat cat. Three customers came in and I realized quickly that I need to brush up on my Nicollet County history.


Well, the kitchen is calling me. Pictures and updates throughout the day, of course.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff