january one



It's probably a good thing that we don't realize the significance of a new year starting. If, in fact, it is. I read this morning that this construct of January 1st being New Year's Day is not a heavenly creation but a man-made one to fit...probably the calendar industry. Ha!

I haven't been out much in the past week so I have robbed photos from previous years. This hasn't been an especially attractive winter anyway. It's been mostly brown...and some gray. I prefer this kind of winter:


Which, of course, comes with some of it's own problems. I think this was the year we bought a snow rake and raked 20 inches of snow off the roof of the house. If you don't think that's hard while standing in snow up to your butt, I've got a story for you.


This was a much lovelier winter. Lots of snow and bright blue skies. In the picture on the right, I was making a snow angel on the patio to send to our friends at KMSU. It was the winter of snow angels.

When I went to Urgent Care the other night, a very nice doctor looked at my red cowboy boots, then my red glasses and said, "Is red your favorite color?" You could say.




Today is Ella's 9th birthday. I remember being at the hospital when she was born and I burst into tears when I heard her first cry. How can she be nine already? I think we were out making snow angels in the dark in the last two pictures.

I've been sitting here looking at my calendar for an hour. I feel like I lost time over Christmas...maybe that happens every year. It's January already! I changed all my desktop backgrounds, my profiles photos, my blog banner, and the wall calendars. Ready to start the new year!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff