lost and found


This is a great story. All the way home, I thought about how to tell it.

I picked Elliot up at 10 in the morning. We were going to make a day of it. We went to a yarn shop and I told him if he was patient and helpful, we would go to the new bakery down the street. I'm not sure he has ever been in a real bakery (not the grocery store kind) but he was game. He knew they had cookies in the bakery and he is a big fan of cookies.

We bought our yarn (for the fox cowl!) and went to the bakery. I had coffee and he had juice and a cookie. I bought buns for dinner.

We still had plenty of time before we met April and Zoey so we headed to Target. We found some things and went to the check-out. I dug wildly through my purse but could not find my credit card wallet. I apologized, tried a hidden card but it was expired. I left our things and we went back to the car where I was sure it would be. Nope. Back into the store for a frantic search of shelves where we had been. Nope. Back to the car.

Halfway down the hill to the bakery, retracing our steps, I felt it in my pocket. Back to Target to pay for our things. Damn. I never put things in my pocket. In fact, I bought one of those purse organizers and I am usually very careful to put things back in their appointed spots.

Nice pizza lunch with April and Zoey. Then we headed to the YMCA where they were having an Open House. When we got to the locker room, I couldn't find my car keys but I wasn't worried. I drove there, after all. We played for several hours and had a wonderful time. When it was time to go...still no car keys. I walked out to the car and found them....in the ignition...with the doors unlocked. And the battery dead. Damn again.

I went back into the YMCA and found a nice fellow who jumped my battery and we were on our way.

Do you know how many opportunities I had to freak out? I almost called Regis when the cc's were lost. I did call him when the battery was dead but he was relieved that he didn't have to drive 15 miles with jumper cables.

When I got home, he drove me to the store for ground beef. I think he was worried he would have to put a GPS on me so I didn't get lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff