the lessons I keep learning

There are many lessons I keep learning. Most are more profound than this one but it seems this is a simple thing, something that should be easily remembered. So, why do I keep buying false eyelashes?

I bought the first ones during my cancer treatment when my eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair all fell out. I was comfortable with the bald head but there is something alarming about a totally bald head. I was in Walgreen's one day and boom, there they were. How hard could this be?

I came home and tried and tried. Nothing I did kept them from looking like a pair of hairy centipedes resting on my eyeballs. I watched a Youtube video and thought I had it. Nope. I couldn't get those suckers on straight.

I read about how they caused terrible eye infections so I threw those in the trash. Probably ten pair. In the trash.

But then I kept being intrigued by them on other people. I wanted those long fluttery eyelashes instead of the skimpy pale ones I have now but I have lost interest in make-up. I bought more false eyelashes.

On New Year's Day, we were invited to a soiree so I tried them again. Glued them to a finger. Glued them to an eyebrow. Had black glue all over my face. Finally got them stuck down in a reasonable position.

Twenty minutes into the party, I feel the familiar creep across my eyeball. I asked Regis to check it out. He gets that look of horror/amusement and tells me I better fix it. Sure enough, that damn thing is trying to escape again. I'm done. Lesson learned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff