things that annoy me in no particular order redux

Several years ago, I wrote a post about the things that irritated me at the time. Somehow, writing about them took away some of their power to make my skin crawl. Maybe it will work this time, too.

1. A busy schedule. Regis says this is part of life and I used to do it all the time. Now, if I have to do more than two things in a day, I am annoyed and feel my stress rise. Yesterday, I had nothing to do so I spent the day in a complete state of torpitude. (Torpitude (adj): sluggish; inactive; dull; apathetic) I read, I played Scrabble, I looked at Facebook, mostly in a prone position in a dark room with a white noise machine. Today, I have had to be 5 places and it isn't even one o'clock.

2. People who drive fast. If the speed limit is 65 mph, why am I constantly being passed as if I am standing still? Frankly, if they lowered the speed limit to 45 mph, I would be quite content.

3. People who want to pick fights with me over political opinions. I have started issuing a disclaimer: This is my world view. It does not have to be yours so don't bother stating your opinion if it is different than mine. Just scroll on past and keep your yap shut.

4. Online garage sales. I have spent two days waiting for people to buy things. They don't show up when they say they will. They say they will buy something, then wait....they guess they won't. One guy could not be bothered to come and get the thing he said he would buy but when out of frustration I said I was giving it away instead, he could make it there in ten minutes. And he pulled up in a very expensive pick-up. I had to go in the house and let Regis deal with him. I have since quit all those silly sites. My junk will go to the curb from now on. Who needs aggravation from assholes?

See? I thought I had a long list but I got to #4 and I am out of irritations.



Comments

Caroline said…
I feel your pain. With the online garage sales, just post that it will go to the first person who gets there and if they do not show up when they said, it will go to the next.

Good luck.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff