things I did today

I have had to leave the house before 8 am more often than not in the last two weeks. I don't know who makes such a mess in our house when we're gone...troops of gnomes with bad intentions?...but they do.

Today I spent a lot of time sorting and putting away. I cleaned the back porch so we can use it for Thanksgiving. It is such a good place to put stuff. I organized my clothes closet. I took the fan and my rain boots to the basement. I put away all the Halloween stuff. I painted the edge of the new front door that got dinged up with installation. I filled all the bird feeders. And...as long as I had the paint out...I painted the back porch.

You don't know what a big deal this is. It is a job that needed doing since we moved into this house in 1997. It's one of those multi-step project at which I suck. It needed to involve finding a curtain rod. (check) It needed to involve finding curtain hardware. (check) It involved moving a lot of stuff out of that room. (check) I am quite proud of myself if you can't tell.




On the days when I don't brag about how much I have accomplished, I have pretty much been a waddlesome sloth and accomplished squat. Ah, well. Life is so much more than to-do lists.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff