not sure where this is headed, but...


I've had a feeling, an intuition, for quite a while now...maybe a year...that there is something afoot in my life. I am not sure what it is, not really even an inkling, but I know it's coming.

A few signs have been moving me along this path. One was the end of my job at Lone Star. I didn't work that many hours but it seems to portend change. I decided to take a sabbatical from my volunteer job at the Treaty Site. I've been working with a trainer since June and I'm feeling stronger. I have been reading this book:


Marie Kondo says it is life-changing. One blogger said this: I thought I was just going to clean my closets. But something much bigger happened.

So, hmmm. Not sure where all this is headed.

Yesterday I spent an hour looking for my yoga mat. I asked Regis if he ever gets tired of looking for things. He gave me a funny look and said he had just shared this book with me through Kindle. Whoa. If he is thinking about tidying up, it's time to get serious.

I went through a major purge a few years ago. Remember the pictures of boxes I set out every month for the EF? I got rid of a ton of stuff, but in reading this book, I know where I went wrong. I went through the house by locations and randomly chose stuff to get rid of without thinking about what I truly wanted to keep. That meant I kept a lot of stuff that could have gone. I'm learning.

So, again...not sure where this is headed.

Things I am grateful for in my life right now.

  1. People. So many good people. So many new friends and so many old friends. I keep having this experience where I discover people in some strange way. It's almost eerie.
  2. There was a time when I didn't realize that relationships are constantly being transformed. I am learning that even long-term relationships go through changes. It makes me love dragonflies all the more.
  3. Physical health and strength. I realize how fortunate I am and I realize how easily both can be taken. Regis had a scare back in April that went on and on and made us feel lucky to have access to such good care. We keep learning the lesson that life is precious.
  4. Good food. Clean water. Physical safety. Reading about the refugees around the world and many people right here in my own community. Everyone does not have access to these things we take for granted.
  5. Reading. As always, books provide me with so much joy and entertainment and so many lessons. Anne Lamott's Small Victories. Strawbale Gardens. Chasing the Scream. Snowflake. (The part of the tidying up process I dread the most is the book part. Getting rid of books. Ugh.)
  6. Yoga. I have taken classes over the years, some very hard and too difficult to follow but after I had cancer, my friend, Michele, taught a class called Cairns After Cancer. It's a gentle yoga and she is such a good teacher that I learned to love it. I haven't been able to go for a while because of  conflicts with personal training and Lone Star, but I am getting back into it...when I find my mat!
  7. To hell with it. Just went out to the garage where there had been a recent yoga mat sighting. No luck. Ordered a new one. Grateful for the ease of ordering on the internet. Maybe this will be the last time I have to reorder something because I can't find the original.
Time to go and clean out the refrigerator. Will continue gratitude list later!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff