midnight at the oasis

I'm not at the oasis. It's almost 3 a.m. and I can't sleep. I have tried reading...twice...so now I just got up to make a couple of lists and to write on my blog since I have been slacking again.

Regis and I joined a digital camera club and our assignment for the meeting tomorrow night was to take night photos. Regis is much more accomplished at this than me (he can talk f/stop and ISO like a champ) so he coaches me some and I hope I ended with something that won't get me laughed out of the room. 


I took this one at Minnesota Square. What drew me to it was the way the lights shone through the trees and cast an almost golden hue.




I liked the lines and colors in this one. If I were better at editing, or if I had the time to learn it tonight, I would have erased that big, shiny blob in the middle. But I am not and I didn't. So, there it is. Of course, there is the fact that I have been awake all night but that doesn't always make for a well-functioning brain. It will have to do.


This is the bridge over the Minnesota River on Highway 22. I love the color of it and I found the reflection as interesting as the bridge. It wasn't quite dark.

I started reading Louise Erdrich's book, LaRose. It's disturbing but a very good story and her characters are wonderful. Now, if I could just get one of them to come over and conk me on the head so I could sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff