ludicrous: making me crazy


Some stuff in the news has been making me crazy lately. I have not made a secret of that. Regis suggested that I use this blog to vent my anger and bitterness but that doesn't sound appealing right now.

I remember after the tornado, when we drove through town, I would shield my eyes from the west side of the street because the sight of Gustavus, bare naked without trees, was too devastating.

The other thing about the tornado was that it took a while to absorb all the destruction. The first day, I knew that my living room windows were gone and the back porch had disappeared. It took a couple days to see that my car, parked in the street, had been crushed by a giant walnut tree. Eventually, I was able to see the big picture.

That's how this election has been for me. It's been a long time since I have been able to watch the news. Well, really since that whole OJ Simpson white Bronco debacle, but I have managed to squint at a news cast from time to time since then. No more. That we could be discussing the possible election of a man who was a deplorable reality show host was unbelievable to me. I just avoided it.

In the last week since the election, I avert my eyes when I walk on the treadmill at the fitness center because all the televisions are on the news. I avoid conversations about anything that might even get close to election results or the incoming administration. It's ludicrous. I love the definition: so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.

The saddest thing for me is that I am avoiding people.

So, how to find happiness and peace in the midst of this insanity?

They say that taking action for goodness and for humanity is a good way to cope. 

I will get there one day but not today. Today, I'm taking a dandelion break.

Comments

Marie said…
life as a dandelion might not be so bad ....

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff