stats: my gallery

I think I've mentioned that sometimes I like to check out the statistics on my blog. I think they're interesting. A woman in a small town can amass almost a quarter of a million pageviews without much effort. Think about what a guy could do if he tried.
This list shows pageviews: the number of times someone just looked at a page of my blog. Me included.

Pageviews today
34
Pageviews yesterday
81
Pageviews last month
5,067
Pageviews all time history
243,560
Followers
This map shows all the places around the world where the pageviews have originated. The list is below the map. Almost 30,000 pageviews from the Ukraine. What? Posts get more readers if I share them on Facebook but I don't do that very often. I'm not sure what moves me to do that...not any sense of "Oh, this is a good one." It's more of an impulse.




EntryPageviews
United States
125060
Ukraine
28737
Russia
17767
France
11716
China
10518
Germany
6098
United Kingdom
2647
Poland
1968
Spain
1186
Turkey
1094

This list is probably most interesting to me, not you. A little more than 2,400 posts over ten years. You can see my creative efforts wax and wane. Sometimes with reason, sometimes just a matter of habit. Need to have the time and place to write regularly.

Blog Archive

Total posts: 2,413

I don't have a theme. I am just as likely to write about our dog as politics (rarely) or recipes (frequently). I was talking to Patty at Stone's Throw one day and she asked if I was an artist. I laughed. No, I am not an artist but I treat my writing here as a creative/artistic effort. Usually not very good for the consumer but always good for the producer. This is my gallery: where my random musings about random crap gets written down for anyone to look at. I have no illusions...like panning for gold. Sometimes you find gold but most times you get mud.

I've had to work at not caring about who reads here and what they think. A few times when I have gotten caught in that trap, it is stultifying. I go back and forth between allowing and not allowing comments. I enjoy some comments but not the critical ones. What makes people think I want to hear that? Haha. I don't want to hear it.

I usually read a post over and make a few revisions for the sake of word choice or fluency but I don't labor over them too much. I'm sure it shows.

One thing I have loved about my blog is that it shapes the way I see things. In the midst of an experience, I find myself thinking, I could write about it this way and I start composing in my head.

These are the top posts of all-time. I have no idea why they are the most popular. The first one is a Dilbert cartoon and one of the others has a Gary Larson cartoon. Maybe my blog pops up when people search for those. Beats me. 

EntryPageviews
4725
Nov 28, 2010
4147
Aug 30, 2013, 1 comment
2223
Feb 6, 2011, 3 comments
2045
Jul 6, 2014, 1 comment
1561
Well, there you go. The retrospective at the end of my tenth year. There is an archive of some of my favorite posts on the right. They are some of my funnier posts, I admit. Through the years, I have been funny and I have written in the middle of the night, between sobs. Like life. Light and dark. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff