where the sun don't shine



We have survived winter, as Minnesotans are wont to do and now we are enduring the coldest, windiest, shittiest spring of the past hundred years. I looked at the forecast and there is no sun predicted for two weeks. This unfortunate turn of events is impinging on my ability to enjoy spring. I wore sandals one time and nearly froze my toes. Yesterday I wore a parka to the dog park. It's inhumane.

I have had some issues again with sleeping. I was so sleepy when I got home from work yesterday that I took a two hour nap. I was sleeping so hard (again) that when Regis woke me, I barely knew where I was. Of course, I wasn't ready to go to bed at my normal bedtime and stayed up watching Bridgerton. Nothing against it if it's your thing but I thought it was like a romance novel for television. I watched two and a half episodes and that's enough.

I'm calling my doctor today and requesting a change in dosage of the medication that I think is causing the sleep issues.

I am trying to learn to make a Julia Child French Omelet. The biggest trick is learning how to shake the pan in order to get it to flip over on itself. I haven't mastered that part yet.

I'm also working on some ukulele chords and songs. My friend, Ed, knows 100 songs. I told him I know five chords and I  don't even know those reliably.

I am making a list of projects I want to work on and possibly finish this spring.

  1. Finish Sandi's Mary Oliver needlework project.
  2. Finish Zoey's needlework project.
  3. Make Matthew's preacher gnome.
  4. Fix three things with resin glue (garden thing, River Rock mug, and Stephanie's mug)
  5. Clean shutters
  6. Paint patio table
  7. Paint patio swing
  8. Paint grill
  9. Paint bird seed aluminum can
  10. Paint little library
  11. Make Zelda's garden stones

That's about enough.

Carry on, friends and family.

Happy Friday.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff