Electronic gadgets

Regis has this weird penchant for clocks, thermometers, and electronic gadgets. His latest purchase is a Radio Shack clock/weather forecaster. It's round and functions like a clock but the bottom half is like a mood ring. If it's coudy, it turns pink. If it's sunny, it turns red. Hey, it's a nightlight, too. Sometimes in the middle of the night, one of his electronic gadgets will start up...I've heard the theme song from the Lone Ranger, chickens crowing, and various beeps. One goes off every day about 4 o'clock but it's in a drawer and I can't find it. I'm not big on digital clocks...I like those old-fashioned clocks that have a face.

I finished reading Love in the Present Tense by Catherine Ryan Hyde. I liked it a lot. It's about a young man who watches the neighbor lady's five-year old sometimes and one day she doesn't come back. There's a bit of a mystery surrounding her disappearance but most of the book is about the relationship between Leonard and Mitch. This is the author of Pay It Forward which I didn't see.

Moving on to my Saturday chores. I cleaned out the refrigerator, did the dishes, and I think I'll go buy some groceries.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff