Friday night

This is a Friday night at 7:15 kind of blog entry. I'm too tired to move. I made grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner which is cheesy (ha) I know, but I couldn't even muster the gumption to find the phone number for a pizza place. I'm on my way to bed with the sun still out and I know that's pathetic. If we had a tv in the bedroom, I would lie there and try to watch something. Dancing With the Stars, for example, would be about my level of intellectual functioning tonight. I might look at a catalog but reading a book with actual meaningful English sentences sounds like too much work. I surfed the web a little and put three pair of sunglasses totaling a hundred dollars (WTF?) in a shopping cart somewhere. In my defense, they filter 100% of the UV rays. Better wait until tomorrow to make that decision. This is how people move toward retirement...one miserable Friday night after another and finally you are convinced that working, as much as you like the money and being able to pay your bills, only increases world suck. Who needs to feel like this? Did ancient people feel like this on Friday night? Did they crawl onto their mats by the fire and groan, too tired to throw a wild pig on the spit?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Teresa,
If it makes you feel any better, it's 9:28pm and Tanner and I just got back from grocery shopping at Wal-Mart.
It's become one of our favorite Friday night activities because...well...it means we can say we "went out"!!
Anonymous said…
One pathetic friend and one pathetic daughter! I thought I was the only pathetic one when I collapse in a heap on Friday nights and entertain myself by watching What Not to Wear.
--Jill

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff