She stumbles out the door

Today, the third day after Christmas, I finally pulled myself together and stumbled out the door. I had my little canvas bag of errands...grocery store for eggs and milk, hardware store for a power strip, post office to mail a pair of mittens back to L.L. Bean and a letter to Peter, city finance office for a rebate on Christmas tree lights, school for a basket of CDs, Bob and Emily's house to drop off the things they left here on Christmas Eve. I had to come home and take a nap after all of that. I tell you, the holidays are murder on a guy.

I have completed the journey from Mac to PC. All the files are transferred and the old computer has been scrubbed clean and registered to Lazlo Purdue. Tiffany might want it and if it gets ripped off in the big city, I don't want some ne'er-do-well getting my recipe for krumkakke. I threw away a few things that I wanted but that's life. I guess I'll learn to live without them.

We watched the movie Hairspray last night. At the end, Regis popped it back into its little envelope and said to mail it immediately in order to get it as far away from the house as possible. I don't think he's a fan. It was weird but I was too tired to have much of an opinion. There were a few funny parts, John Travolta was in drag, and I'll leave it at that.

Regis stopped to see Ella tonight. When he left, she blew him a kiss and said, "Bye bye, sweetie!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff