Doctor's help with sleep


I went to see Dr. Ruth today about my sleeping problems. I drove past the LeSueur exit and had to go up to the Henderson turn-off to get going the right way. Not a good sign. Ruth started talking about changes in sleeping habits as we get older and I almost started to cry. I was afraid she was going to start talking about not watching television in bed and shit like that. But Ruth is a realist and said it's not good to miss exits on highways because you're tired so we talked about Ambien. I don't care if it's the stuff that makes you get in your car in the middle of the night in your pajamas and drive around town drinking wine from a bottle. I am desperate to sleep. I asked about trazodone and she said she loves it...a lot of her nursing home patients use it. Hey, have I been insulted? So, I came home with a RX for trazodone and the caution to stay away from wine while I'm taking it. Good advice. Tomorrow I will be rested and happy and able to walk and talk at the same time.

Comments

Jill said…
How about a sleep report after a few days with trazodone? At least Ruth didn't say you have to take it while living in a nursing home.

Is that picture by Wanda Gag? It sure looks like some of the drawings that were in the Free Press this morning (An exhibit of her restored drawings is going on in New Ulm. Er, New Ulum.)Maybe not as whimsical as hers, but reminiscent of her art.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff