Sleepless in St. Peter

Regis and I have taken turns waking up at 1:30 this week. Last night was his turn. I woke up at 3 and that isn't good but it's better than 1:30. I'm going to see Dr. Ruth this morning. Bob says she'll just mix me up a movie star cocktail but I don't think so. She's conservative about pills and has a way of getting to the bottom of the issue. I've tried all the home remedies: warm milk, melatonin, no wine, wine, and so on. I don't watch tv in bed and only read for a half hour or so. Sleep should not be this hard to come by and I can see why people start taking pills to sleep. You get desperate.

Our Girl Scout cookies were delivered yesterday. You see what you pay for those babies (a lot)and estimate the time it takes to eat a whole box (not much) and it doesn't seem right. It's a good thing they aren't for sale all year because we'd catch on and stop eating them. When the Wizard of Oz was on once a year, everybody watched it that night. Now that you can own the DVD and watch it whenever you want to, who cares? Same thing.

I have been checking out Youtube and looking at clips of old cartoons and movies. Here's the clip of Ma and Pa Kettle doing math. It's a hoot. 25 divided by 5 is 14 and they can prove it. And one of my personal favorites: Gomer Pyle doing a citizen's arrest when Barney makes an illegal U-turn.

On to the rest of the day. Looks like we might get some snow. I'll keep you posted, Miles! It's 16 frosty degrees right now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I suppose it wouldn't make you feel any better if I told you I sleep like a log from 9:00 p.m. to 6 a.m? And I do this every night! Must be my new sleeping arrangement!
Deb
Jill said…
I'm so far behind in reading your blog entries, it's pathetic. I admire your constancy. I only get to mine now and then.

Not one little Girl Scout showed up at our door this year to sell cookies, so I didn't know it was cookie season already. Dang. I thought about it briefly yesterday at Annie and Tanner's because Annie served Edy's Samoa Cookie ice cream with the brownies she baked. Oh my, was that ever gooooooooooooood!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff