Reasons why things are looking up

1. I got my hair snipped a little bit. Patrick is always fun and appreciates that I call him an artiste.

2. I got a new Roy Blount, Jr. book at the library after I unloaded that other ponderous tome. It's called Long Time Leaving: Dispatches from Up South. The review says he tackles a lot of topics including Emmanuel Kant, the mind-boggling "Bushy Juggernaut" and the correct grammatical usage of y'all. Yes.

3. The cheeseburger was good at Grizzlies tonight. So was the pinot grigio even though it was $5.60 a glass. I'm not complaining.

4. I looked for a scarf to wear with my black suit at Penney's. I couldn't find any and asked the sales person if they had scarves. She said, "Do you mean fashion scarves?" I was afraid they had gone out of style five years ago and I didn't know. I found them by the prom dresses. Does that mean they're not scarves but stoles?

5. When we got to the cash register to pay, another sales person asked, "Did you find all this stuff ok?" I wasn't sure how to answer that. What does it mean?

6. I've sworn completely off the news. For a long time I haven't watched the tv news and only read the online newspapers. But they're getting more and more like the National Enquirer every day. I'm usually able to avoid the really evil news but in the last few days some ugly story got in my head and is boring around like a worm. I'm done. It's all bad.

7. I had a wonderful night's sleep last night. I'm a little worried about what happens when the Nappien goes away but I'll worry about that when it happens.

I'm going to bed to read.

Comments

Jill said…
Teresa,
Annie and I just read your blog entry. I'm in O-Town with Annie and Miles overnight, and get to babysit for him tomorrow. Tanner is on a work trip for the week.

I hope you found a fashion scarf that you can wear to prom, too. It's always good to buy a versatile accessory. Have you considered wearing a prom dress to your interview?

I'm glad things are looking up.
Jill

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff