Friday

No other words for it...finally Friday. How can one week be so long? Must be all the stuff going on around here.

An old friend of mine, a health food eater, a doer of yoga, a happy and light-hearted fellow of only 60 years, had a massive heart attack and died this week. Life is fickle, or so it seems.

I left work at 3:30, Regis punched out shortly after, and we went to have a glass of wine with some friends and watch some food tv. Nothing we like better. Great recipes and some planning for cooking on the grill. Speaking of food, I bought Alton Brown's new book called Feasting on Asphalt. I love it. Good pictures and recipes and a great mix of history, food, and travel.

I just read in the Trib that Paul Douglas got the boot from WCCO. I've watched him do the weather for 22 years so it's sad he's leaving. Maybe he'll still do the weather for the Trib. If famous dudes like that can get canned, I guess all of us are vulnerable.

I have to study this weekend for my next round of torture, I mean interviews. If this doesn't end soon, I'm going to decide that it would be better to just stay at my current job and listen to pandora radio and watch youtube all day. Works sucks. Interviews especially suck.

We heard two good bands in the last week: Carrie Hassler and Hard Rain and last night, Robin and Linda Williams. I might have mentioned them in previous posts. I sent an email to R&L, told them sometimes I can judge a band by how many times I get weepy-eyed during their show from the music and the lyrics...twice during theirs. I'd say that is powerful music.

It smells like spring tonight, or maybe that is the smell of worms. Either way it must mean that winter is loosening its grip. Most of the snow is gone. The daffodils are poking through the dirt. Grackels are filling the trees in swarms. Fat buds are on the trees.

I know some other interesting and memorable things happened this week but hell if I can recall them right now. We are captivated by our simples lives. Even when we have no memory of the details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff