Furniture upset

Reggie came over this afternoon and helped us move our furniture around. I know they were making that circular motion by their ears when I wasn't looking but I don't care. I like to move things around once in a while and it gives me a chance to vacuum behind things that never see the light of day.

I made peanut butter soup for Regis this afternoon. It's one of his favorite foods. Here's the recipe:

Wayside Inn Peanut Butter Soup

3 cups chicken broth

1 cup peanut butter

1/8 teaspoon celery salt

1/8 teaspoon onion salt

1/8 teaspoon sugar

1 and 1/3 cups cream or 1 can evaporated milk

Heat chicken broth to boiling. Add peanut butter, stirring until smooth. Season to taste with celery salt and onion salt. Add sugar. Stir in cream or milk. Heat but do not boil.

This works best with peanut butter like Jiff or Skippy. I tried using Coop peanut butter once and it doesn’t “melt” like the others.

I usually don’t use any sugar as there is enough in the peanut butter.

I’ve used plain milk if I don’t have cream or evaporated milk.

We've had rain off and on all day. A while ago, I was sitting at the table (which is not in front of the living room window) and tiny ice balls were falling from the sky. Snow is predicted again tonight and tomorrow night.

Regis had a minor laundry disaster today. He left an ink pen in the pocket of his shirt which happened to be in a load of my new plaid shirts and colorful socks. Uh oh. I don't complain, though, because I don't want him to get tired of it and quit. I appreciate a man who will do the laundry.

In the midst of my furniture moving today, I have done the following:
  1. Took all the table linens out of the drawer and put them on the bed to sort for the thrift store but didn't finish...they're still there.
  2. Piled the rest of the winter clothes on the sofa which is not in the dining room.
  3. Used the Spot Bot on some areas in the living room.
  4. Posted to my blog more than once.
  5. Looked at catalogs.
I haven't finished any of these projects and I probably won't. I don't know if this is an ADD problem or just, as Regis says, benign disinterest.

Another thing we've noticed is the dizzying array of products. When we were in the store yesterday, we looked at toothpaste. Not only can we not remember from time to time, which kind we buy of all the kinds Crest makes, but they don't make plain toothpaste. Everything has something to brag about: extra whitening, plaque reducer, especially for sensitive teeth. Same with almost everything you buy...too many choices. I called customer service the other day and waited, pushing numbers on their menu, and by the time someone finally came on the line, I could hardly remember who I called or what I wanted. Hey, maybe it's me.

Later...
I thought it would be a little weird to post four times in one day so I'm just up-dating! I did finish most of my projects today. Not as finished as some people might like, but the bed is cleared off, the bags for the thrift store are by the door, and you can sit on several chairs in each room. Ta da!

Comments

Jill said…
See? All is not lost. You finished what you started! What does it feel like? Maybe I should try it, too.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff