Today

Overheard in the waiting area. Two guys who look like very old Norwegian farmers, talking about whether or not one would accompany the other back to see the doctor.
  • You want me to come back there with you?
  • Yeah, I thought you would.
  • Well, I didn't know if you wanted me to or not.
  • Yeah, that would be fine then.
  • I know Arlene went back with you a few times. I went back with you before, too, so I just thought you might want me to come back with you.
  • Yeah, you can come back with me.
  • I can come back with you if you want me to.
  • Well, I thought you would.

And this later:

Arlene's family didn't drink so when we got married, I had two shivarees...one for the family and one for my friends. I got the beer for next a nothing cuz I knew the guy what run the bar.

I wish I had a notebook with me. It was great stuff.

The things I saw on the drive back:
  1. Roadkill: two cats, three + raccoons, one possum
  2. Redwing blackbirds
  3. A flock of pelicans
  4. Three hawks
  5. A rabbit
  6. Mallards
  7. Canada geese
  8. One guy picking up trash
Regis seems to have survived the ordeal although tomorrow will be a better test than today. He stumbled out of the back room after the procedure like a zombie, pie-eyed and wobbly. He didn't want a wheelchair but I knew we wouldn't make it all the way to the car without one so the nice man got him one. They take good care of you at the Mayo Clinic. ( Yeah, let's wait until I see the bill to pass judgment on that one.) I got the car, pulled up in front of the clinic and pointed at Regis in his chair and one of the...what do you call them?...ran in and brought him out to me. It was a long drive home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff