Trying to stay awake at 7 o'clock

Yesterday was a very long day. Turns out Regis had a bad reaction to the versed so was up disoriented and sick until well past midnight. I watched a movie until 11 when he stumbled out and asked for a summary of the day's events, again. He feels a little better today and has lost that zombie look.

I wonder if anybody else has this hair experience. I have worn my hair pretty short for years now which means it has to be cut often. I try to go four weeks but even that is too long sometimes. I had a haircut on the 27th of March, right before the interview debacle, and made my next appointment for April 30th. A week ago Monday, I started to get the feeling my hair was too long but out of sheer stubbornness, I didn't change the appointment. Then I had a really good hair day on Tuesday so the need vanished and I actually thought hey this looks pretty good. Then from Wednesday on, it's been white knuckles and I have had the urge to offer a drinking friend five bucks to give me a haircut. I'm tempted to buy a curling iron, for God's sake. Why not just get brush rollers and a bouffant hair dryer? The first thing I say to people is: I need a haircut and my appointment is Wednesday. George, the Lebanese guy who used to cut my hair loved it when I said he was an artist. He said, "Well, I don't you to walk down the street and have someone say who's the asshole who cut your hair."

Comments

Jill said…
Three things:

1. I'm glad Regis is doing better. I had a GOOD reaction to Versed today during my own procedure. Sleep, sleep, sleep.

2. Bouffant hair would NOT be you. Don't do it!!

3. I used the word asshole in my short blog entry today. A popular word.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff