My head has exploded

If I had to pick a ship today (is a barge a ship?) I would pick this one. I've been awake since 3:30 a.m., the interviews were hugely stressful and this whole process is giving me a pain in the nether regions. Apparently we have a tie so the next step is an interview of people I've worked with...principals and teachers. It doesn't have to be stressful for me because I think I work well with people in this district, but you know me, anticipate the worst and avoid it if at all possible. You'd think they were hiring the Queen of the Universe of something.



It's about 35 degrees, gray, and windy out today. At least we didn't get the 32 inches of snow they got in Virginia, Minnesota. That would be a real kick in the pants. Speaking of kicks, I got a symbolic kick out of this piece of news in the Trib:

The storm dropped a foot or more of snow across a wide swath of north central and northeastern Minnesota over the past three days, putting spring on hold. A few cranky people even called the National Weather Service office in Duluth lamenting that the interminable winter just won't end.

We didn't get a foot of snow but we still feel like the cranky people who call the NWS. Regis is going to take me to Whiskey River for a beef commercial and a Manhattan this evening. Sounds like medicinal food and drink, if you ask me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I left a comment, but I think the elves took it again. You can tell these crazy people who are doing all the interviews that they are giving your Mom a headache. And when she gets a headache she goes a little nuts and may come out blazing with a gun in each hand. Forget about all of those fools, Teresa. We all know you are the best person for the job. Are they setting you up to be Mother Teresa Two? Back to Jon Stewart...Love, Mom
Jill said…
You said it, Shirley! I don't know if I'd have the guts to shoot two-fisted, but I'll be your backup if those fools give your daughter any more nervous tics.

One of Teresa's loyal friends,
Jill

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff