I didn't and I haven't

I didn't clean the porch on Sunday. We decided since the city was coming to pick up yard waste on Monday, we would clean the yard and the garden instead. I always underestimate how long a job like that takes and how out-of-shape my muscles are. I think we started at 10:00 and I finally limped in at 4:30 to take a bath. We had a waist-high pile of grass, leaves, and branches running the length of the house. We only have three trees so I don't know where all that crap comes from but there it was.

Monday we left at 6 a.m. to be at the famous M Clinic in R for more tests. We parked in the Kahler ramp and hiked over to the Clinic. This was not easy since the muscles in my legs and arms were crying our for mercy. One test after another through the day and finally a meeting with the doctor. I seemed to be coming down with something and fell asleep in the chair in the waiting room until I woke myself up with a sharp snore. Always a nice touch.

When I wasn't snoring in the chair, I passed the time by playing What Not to Wear and I eavesdropped on conversations. It's not like it takes that much work to eavesdrop as there are people everywhere and if you're curious about humans, it's interesting. Grand drama played out right before your eyes. I won't repeat what I heard...that would be impolite.

The doctor, who told us he was the second best diagnostician in his class, said he cannot diagnose this so far. We suspect this might be a contest where the doctors get points for ordering tests, like they did on Grey's Anatomy. My favorite test was the EMG where two doctors, three technicians, and a mighty machine poked Regis with needles for three hours (and what will this cost???) to come to the conclusion that the nerve problem (neuropathy) that what makes his big toe not move up is not the cause of the weight loss but the result. It comes from crossing the legs too much.

After we checked into our room, we wandered downstairs to Martinis in the Kahler where we had a wonderful dinner of Kobe beef sliders, green olive crostini, and a prime rib panini. The beef of the Kobe sliders comes from cows who are raised on a diet of beer and sake and they get daily massages to relieve muscle stiffness. They were delicious and not very expensive but I had two beers, Stella Artois, for which I paid 11 bucks each. Ouch. I should look at the price first.

In the past 24 hours, I've taken four naps and slept 12 hours through the night with no help from Ambien. Even for a champion napper, this could be too much.

Comments

Jill said…
Hey, if it weren't for Regis having all those annoying tests, I'd say you had quite a vacation there at the Clinic and the Kahler. Naps, massaged beef, overpriced alcohol--what more could a girl want?
Anonymous said…
I think I want to be one of those cows!
Deb

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff