sleeping disease

I can't get enough sleep lately. I wonder if I got shorted over the last week and I'm trying to catch up. Or I got bitten by the tsetse fly. (Note: If you are a middle school student, this is not scientific information.)

The weather is not conducive to wakefulness either. It's hot and humid again today with tornado warnings periodically. I hate that. What happened to the breezes and the sunny skies?

The county fair is this weekend and we like to walk down for the fair fare (corn dogs and onion rings) and to see the animals. If it's this warm and humid, I'll pass on that. On a whim, I checked google and the Nicollet County Fair has a website! John Gorka's right: everybody's got a website. They have the standard county fair grandstand attractions: tractor pull, demo derby, harness racing but no music.

I have no other observations today. No movie or book reviews. No recipes. No clever repartee. It must be the dog days of summer because nobody is writing much and I sleep pretty much all the time. Wikipedia says dog days can define a time period or event that is very hot or stagnant, or marked by dull lack of progress. That's it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Doesn't St. Peter spray for those tsetse bugs?

Thanks for the link to the NCF. Did you read the rules for the grilling contest? It's worth copying and pasting the link...
http://www.nicolletcountyfair.net/images/File/Premium%20book%202008/Page%2026%20Smoke%20Out.pdf

Tell your neighbor (Doc E, of course) to get his smoker ready!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff