sunday night and homemade pasta

I don't know what I was thinking. I had a mind to make homemade pasta and I picked today to do it. I thought Peter would be here and Regis would be hungry enough to eat. I was wrong. I spent two hours in the kitchen and we hardly ate anything. Regis nearly nodded off in his plate so I tucked him into bed at 6 o'clock. I decided to add the Youtube video from which I learned to make pasta. I think the dude's name is Mike. I had a sticky note on the front of my Imperia cookbook that said 2 and 1/4 cups flour and 3 eggs but I couldn't remember where it came from. This is for my reference but if you want to make pasta, this is the best. It's nothing like the stuff that comes in a box.

The weather report for Miles:
82°F RealFeel® 81°F
Winds: East 10mph
Humidity: 78%
Dew Point: 74° F

These numbers add up to yuck. It's the kind of weather that makes a person sweat like crazy even inside the house where the AC is on. Grossly unpleasant.

My new favorite wine is Casarsa Pinot Grigio. If you check out the link you can see that the 1999 vintage is sold out, whatever the hell that means. It comes in a cardboard box, for God's sake. I like it better than Black Box and it's five dollars cheaper.

I bought these stemless wineglasses at a local discount department store this summer and I love them. Actually, these are the red wine glasses and I bought the white wine glasses. I would never drink white wine out of a red wine glass, how gauche. I'm kidding, of course. I have a bazillion wine glasses. I've been thinking about having a wine party so I could use all my wine glasses and little appetizer plates. I would probably have to stay awake for more than four hours in a row to do that but I think I can manage.

I tried to watch the movie To Wong Fu: Thanks for Everything Julie Newmar today. I like transvestite movies, don't ask me why, but this was too dumb even for me. I really don't know what the hell they show in movie theaters anymore but I can't find anything to watch. I think the three days of hanging around a Catholic hospital has put my cussing quotient way under par. I feel the need to cuss. Back to movies. Last summer I watched almost all of Johnny Depp's movies. I've noticed that on Netflix, it will say Average of 1,584,425 ratings: 2.1 stars. Average of raters like you: 4.9 stars. What does that mean? I have weird taste in movies?

Here's a weird problem. I hear my phone ringing when it isn't. Usually this only happens in the car. I hear it ring, I pick it up and look at it, it's not ringing. I would assume this was an auditory hallucination if it happened anywhere else but being that it only happens in the car, I think there might be another explanation. Maybe there's a force in my car that makes the phone ring but on a frequency that is inaudible to most people. Maybe I should change my ringtone.

After toting my junk around St. Mary's Hospital this week and killing my shoulders, I ordered this sweet little rolling totebag. Not in this color which is merlot, but in black. I thought merlot looked a little burgundyish. I am a bag freak and have many bags for many different purposes. I bought a cool Baggellini bag to take to Rochester but it turned out to be big enough to hold lots of stuff which made it too heavy to carry. This one has an extending handle and rollerblade wheels. So, if ever go anywhere that requires lots of hauling of stuff for miles and miles, I'll be prepared.

My dog assaulted his kidneys today by getting in my Baggellini bag and eating half a bar (about one ounce) of dark chocolate. All the websites said to go immediately to the ER for dogs, but this is a hound that ate a two-pound bag of chocolate chips a few years ago. He barfed in every room of the house and on nearly every piece of furniture we own. It was a hideous mess. I told Regis after this epsiode that we could induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide. He said we could but we won't. Kramer doesn't appear any worse for wear so far.

Regis is feeling the pain today. We got a little cocky because the first two days were so easy. Yesterday wasn't good and today was worse. Maybe it will be uphill from here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry Regis is feeling poorly today. He went through a lot and those little holes don't tell the inside story, so to speak. I remember Larry going through the same kind of downturn a few days after surgeries.

Now to watch the noodle vidoe...

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff