what day is it anyway?

I've been working too hard lately but I guess it feels good. I'm not talking about my paid job ha ha ha since I always work hard there. I'm talking about my home jobs. It's probably a direct result of a summer of loafing. And as Bev says, I suck at housecleaning. Things you suck at take more effort.

This getting healthy thing is hard work, too. Last night we made butternut squash soup and creamed cauliflower. Tonight we made vegetarian minestrone; not a big favorite of mine due to the texture of the zucchini skin; a little too tough. Why do I have to look up the damn word zucchini every time I use it? I'll remember it tonight and the next time I write it, I'll have to put it in google again. All that cooking means a lot of dirty dishes and we live in a pre-dishwasher house.

I think I wrote before about wanting to start some weight lifting. This from a person who has ridiculed that kind of activity for years. I know, I know. Well, I got the room in the basement cleaned up, took my computer down there to watch the videos, did a few things that involved weights (i.e. dumb bells)....but it was very hard. So many things to remember...when to inhale, when to lift and when to let down, how to suck in the abdominals. I was wrong...this is cerebral. I think the whole thing took me about 30 minutes and most of that time was spent squinting at the screen trying to figure out how to do it.

I've found that since I've lost a small amount of tonnage, I run my mouth more. I wonder why that is. Maybe a greater lung capacity and a higher need to expel oxygen into the atmosphere. See what I mean?

Miles, the weather is going to be perfect for stroller walks the next few days. Tell your mama to dig it out of the storage shed, you're ready to go.

I started a new book last night that I love already: Driftless by David Rhodes. His writing is lyrical and the characters are people you wish you knew. Check out the link and read the reviews. His writing reminds me of Jim Harrison whose books I read over and over. True North and Returning to Earth are two of my favorite books. I think there's a link on the right. Doesn't the cover look inviting?

A couple things on my library list: English Major (Jim Harrison), Plague of Doves (Louise Erdrich), and The Other Boleyn Girl (Phillipa Gregory). As insurance against the day I don't have a library book. I bought The Story of Edgar Sawtelle. Joanne said she liked it but wasn't sure about the ending. I really hate bad endings. I have flung books against the wall for bad endings.

I've been waiting for the new issue of the Rolling Stone and it hasn't come. What the hell. I get two magazines: Cooking Light and Rolling Stone. Now that's funny. What's my demographic?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff