Happy Halloween!

My favorite holiday!

We have a busy weekend on tap. We're trick or treating for sliders and beer at Betty and Tom's house tomorrow night. What a great idea. Saturday, I'm not doing anything that I don't feel like doing. I might stay in my pajamas all day and read my book on the couch. Saturday, Amber's parents are coming to town...Mike and Peggy...so we're going to Patrick's for a celebration. My birthday is tomorrow and Peggy's birthday is Saturday so we'll put a candle in a Schell's Oktoberfest. After dinner, we're going to the Bothy for a concert by Lehto and Wright. From their website:

Lehto and Wright have a sound that is a unique blend of traditional and modern styles. By taking cues from the Irish, English and American folk traditions and interpreting them with contemporary guitar-based arrangements, Lehto and Wright have taken fresh approach to the world of folk and folk rock.

They're great fun.

I made a pork loin for dinner with something called autumn wild rice casserole. It had some interesting ingredients: jalapenos, granny smith apples, and onions. It called for Swiss chard but I've never seen that in a store around here. I checked it out on google and it looks like rhubarb. I must have neglected to read the "how to" part of the recipe because I put it in a baking dish in the oven and it was supposed to be stir-fried. It was still good. We had a hoisin sauce on the pork and it was delicious.

Have a safe and happy holiday.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, Teresa. Trick or treating for sliders and beer sounds just right for someone whose birthday is today.

Good for you for the healthy lifestyle. You're inspiring me.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff