displeasure with the weather or Regis enjoys a july afternoon on the patio

Regis is demonstrating his displeasure with the coolish temperatures in Minnesota lately. He claims that the only reason we live here in the winter, contrary to popular thinking which is that we are waiting for the beautiful spring and summer, is that we stay during the extensive winters to protect our state from migrating bands of Canadians who would be glad to leave their cold climes for something more temperate. Summer is our reward for protecting the borders in the winter and this year, we're facing a Canadian offensive. I know...it's obscure.

It wasn't cold enough for a parka but it was cold. I tried working in the garden but my hands got cold so I would pop into the house periodically to warm up. It warmed up enough so we could cook a beer can chicken on the grill but we scooted back in the house shortly after it was done.

We're having company for dinner tomorrow night (you know who you are) and I am concerned abuot my lack of concern over house cleaning. I am a notorious bad housekeeper and I have written about it here many times. I'm not as bad as some people (garbage houses) and I once read a book about a couple who had gaping holes in their walls and animals went freely in and out. I'm not that bad. I avoid anti-bacterial cleaners, I don't have a need for an immaculate kitchen floor and I don't mind a few piles of stuff around. I've decided when I invite people over, they probably won't mind if the house isn't spotless if we have a little wine and the food is good.

Cooler weather and more time in the house= more time to post on the blog and more time to reflect on house cleaning.

Comments

One of the dinner guests said…
If you're concerned about house cleaning, STOP IT. I have always wondered what it would be like to have everything from ceiling to floor and from wall to wall clean at the same time. It used to be on my wish list, but not any more. In fact, I don't even have a wish list anymore!
deb said…
I think the fly swatter and ashtray tell the real story. Shorts and a parka? Please don't tell me he's wearing sandals with those socks!!!
mil said…
what a wuss!!!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff