don't feel like writing

When I was a writing teacher, I always had my students write in a notebook at the start of class. Some days they didn't feel like it and said they didn't have anything to say. I always told them that it was most important to write on the days when they felt like that because that's when they might start to explore the thoughts that were on the dusty shelves. I don't feel like I have much to say tonight but I'm going to take my own advice.

I slept in this morning because I was awake a lot in the night. I sat around in my pajamas for most of the morning and took a long soaky bath while I made some phone calls. One to my cousin who is in danger of losing her job. Ah, life is hard sometimes and sometimes the hard parts make good opportunities. I hope this is an opportunity for you, Deb.

I talked to Tiffany several times today. She's trying to wrap up things for school in the fall. Things like financial aid and registration. They're hoops and you have to be persistent and just get through them. She's done a great job and is being thoughtful about her choices. I'm proud of her.

I didn't feel very good until mid-afternoon when I went to get a haircut. I stopped at one store to hunt up a good deal on a purse and found this great Sak bag:
Then I wandered down to the huge Barnes and Noble to buy a few books: The Women by T.C. Boyle and:
I don't know what made me buy American Lion, maybe the 40% off coupon I got in the mail. I'm not a big fan of non-fiction but we'll see. I was also in a vulnerable state due to my wakefulness and feeling poorly.

I just finished:
I liked this book but I didn't love it. I didn't love it like I loved So Brave, Young, and Handsome but I can't say why. Maybe that's what people talk about at book clubs to which I have never been a member. The writing was lovely which will almost always save a book for me and I liked the characters and the plot. It was absent some emotion, I think.

So, the day has felt flat. I don't know why. And I don't think I unearthed anything very interesting in my writing experiment.

Comments

Jill said…
You did well by taking your own advice, Teresa. This entry has an undertone that reminds me of a sigh...
Anonymous said…
Finally a realistic entry.
deb said…
Sigh is right. .... T, you can edit your blog entry on the danger in my life. I live my life in fear. I'm fine. As you would say, a guy can't say much without a reporter publishing it to the world!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff