another trip

Tomorrow I take off for my third trip of the month. For a person who is loathe to travel, this is about enough but it isn't over yet. I'm leaving for a conference in Brainerd tomorrow about noon. I dread the thought of going in to pack. I'm not a fan of the resort where we're going. It reminds me of the beat up old resort in Dirty Dancing. The floors are a little off-kilter and it smells like dust and mice. Maybe that's just my memory, which is not always accurate.

I think I'll take my laptop and a book and do my best to avoid too much socialization.

We had omelets with Italian peppers, onions, and sun-dried tomatoes for dinner. It was a comfort meal. If someone else had done the cooking, I would have been happy with something else, but this was easy. I've been hungry for meatballs and meatloaf. Don't ask me why.

I'm going to bed to read. Regis is watching a baseball game. Is this the World Series yet? Good grief. This stuff just goes on forever.

Comments

Unknown said…
Mmmmm meatballs and meatloaf....mmmm
hi mom!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff