back from the woods

An uneventful trip to the woods up north. No unseemly precipitation on the way up or back.That place is like a weird retro resort...twisty hallways, tilty floors, smelly old carpet, bed like a cement pad with a sheet over it. That didn't keep me from sleeping until 7:30 one day, however. It's good to be home and I'm looking forward to crawling into my own bed tonight.

One day when Regis and I were driving around in PA, he started pushing buttons on the dash. All of a sudden we had a human voice in the car asking us what the emergency was and which emergency personnel she should summon. Apparently he had called Onstar. Uh oh. If there is a button somewhere, a man will push it. It's a universal truth.

I ran into a friend of mine at Patrick's tonight. She had belonged to a book club but just resigned for a lot of reasons. We decided we will have random book club meetings at the bar, we'll write our notes on scraps of newspaper, and we'll only talk about the books like a conversation. No lessons, no questions, no annual list of books. It will suit us.

I'm on my way to bed. Long week.

Comments

Jill said…
I can picture the conference rooms at that place, and the twisty hallways. The musty odor must go back to the 40's. Gad, with all the business they have you'd think "update" would be in their vocabulary.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff