baseball guilt

So. Last night I watched about a grand total of three minutes of the baseball game. When Regis cheered and waved his TC cap in the air, I looked up and tried to figure out what happened. I felt a small desire that the Twins win and some anxiety that they wouldn't so I went to bed and figured I would find out in the morning. At 3 a.m., I woke up and wondered aloud to Regis who won the game. He had also given up and gone to bed so I had to get out of bed and check the Trib online. And then there was no going back to bed for me. It's been a long day.

Regis has night class tonight and I have the game on television. I know more about baseball than I do about football. I know that when they hit it a really long way and people cheer, that it could be a home run. I know that when someone catches the ball, it could be an out. Beyond that, I'm fuzzy, but somehow I manage to live a rich and happy life.

I put some chicken breast and carrots in the oven for dinner. See? I do remember how to cook.

In the dark of night this morning, Regis went to the grocery store. What a guy. He also sent me a beautiful bouquet of roses at work yesterday. They're white on the outside and deep red on the inside. They look like this:

I wore my first pair of tall boots to work today. I felt like I had to learn to walk all over again....like I had peg legs. A guy gets a powerful feeling in a pair of boots and that's one of the reasons I like them. Click click click. And they're very comfortable. Remember the guy in the cowboy store asked me what I was going to be doing with the boots. Walking around I said.

Ok well, now I'm tired and full of chicken and carrots and I don't care about the baseball game anymore. G'night. I have no idea why those words are the way they are. Ghosts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff