the confluence of a bunch of shit

Regis and I went to Patrick's for dinner. I was going to make spaghetti but it was a lomg day and I got new cowboy boots that were dyin' to be worn out and about. So Patrick's was wild...the confluence was the Twins game, the Nobel Conference, and trivia night. We had a hard time getting a table but it was grand fun. Lots of clapping and cheering. I think that was the Twins branch of the confluence.

Our dog, keeping watch for bad guys.

My new boots below. They're Ariat cowboy boots that I got from Sierra Trading Post for dirt cheap.

Reg and Amber are in the process of house buying. They made an offer on a house about two blocks away from here. The offer was accepted and today they had an inspector (Clouseau?) came to check it out. We had a glass of champagne to celebrate. They're in for a couple month's worth (maybe years) of hard work. I think they should have Thanksgiving at their house. Ha.

I cut down the canna lilies on Sunday. Later in the afternoon, I saw a hummingbird hovering over the place where the cannas were. He looked confused and disgruntled. I was in despair. How sad. Poor thing looked and looked, landed on the bird feeder, hovered again, then flew off presumably to Mexico.

Comments

Jill said…
You're becoming a cowgirl, if I'm not mistaken.
deb said…
I can hear Nancy Sinatra singing......one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.......boots, start walkin!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff