mental health

I've had some mental health issues lately. I know usually people don't want to know the details of a guy's mental health problems anymore than they want to know the details of the colonoscopy but I look at this blog as a kind of mental floss, a way to unburden myself of things that get into my head and burrow around like mice.


So I will only say this:

There have been three or four issues that have plagued me for months. I tell myself that I am done with them and will let them go, but then I go back and ruminate on them again and the whole process starts over...trying to figure out what and why and what next. I haven't been able to let it go.

The whole process has gotten so wearisome that I have to do something. Yesterday I made a couple of last ditch efforts. I drank some wine, I cried, I called my mom, I talked to Regis and now I'm really done with it. If peace is what I want, I can have that if I change the way I think about these things. I'm changing the way I think. I won't cry about this anymore.

Life is hard sometimes.

Comments

Joanne said…
Life is hard. It is one thing after another and if you aren't in a crisis right now it is just because the storm is gathering energy over the ocean before it hits. That said, life is also good and there are many things to enjoy and feel happy about. It is okay to cry about the hard stuff, as long as you remember to enjoy the good stuff too. That is my philosophy on life- take it or leave it.
Jill said…
Joanne is a wise woman. I second her philosophy.

I do want you to know, though, that when I first read your entry I though you said you "go back and urinate" on those issues. Oh lordy, I was ready to worry big-time, but then I re-read correctly. That's happened to me a lot lately, and I'm not sure I always catch the error.

Feel better.
saumtwo said…
Take care of yourself, Teresa, and forget about the things that are bothering you. I have always thought people are strange ducks and maybe we should ignore them most of the time. Smile, girly, and be happy. Love you, Mom

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff