monday and all that malarkey

Monday was about as welcome as usual. I woke up at 4:30 and went to the Pulse. I was able to ambulate in of my own accord so I guess that's a good sign. I did my usual, then started on the summer challenge but decided quickly that I was going to opt to drop out. Fitness challenge drop out, I am. It was starting to feel like a big drag and I would prefer to enjoy my exercise as much as possible. This is better.

I had a lunch meeting with my friend, Gayle. I told her I was afraid she would want to talk about work and frankly, I am out of work marbles. She asked three quick questions and we went on to talk about things more interesting like Patrick's anniversary party Thursday night, the 4th of July, Tucker and Ella, and her new furniture. I learned in the previous meeting that it's important to have some down time from work so this was mine.

We took Ella to the Living Land Farm with us this afternoon. She met Adan and they had a wonderful time. That little guy is three years old and he pointed out all the vegetables as we went through the garden: garlic, onions, fennel, tomatoes, peas. Amazing. He and Ella picked a couple bags of snap peas in short order. They just couldn't stop talking as drove away. The last thing I heard was, "I'm too little to drive, how about you?"

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow. High time. I might cruise the sale racks at TJ Maxx and Kohl's and we'd like to stop at Mazatlan for dinner.

We have a busy weekend coming up and we're looking forward to it. Hey, Mom, are you coming to celebrate your birthday with us?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff