July 3rd

We really love holiday weekends. This morning, I got up and did a 40 minute run/walk outside (way more fun than inside on the treadmill!) then came home to wake Regis. He wasn't all that happy about being awakened when he had trouble getting to sleep. I offered to make breakfast on the patio so he fired up the grill and I made bacon and eggs and toast in a cast iron pan. It was lovely.

This afternoon, I've done some prep cooking for tomorrow and Monday. I cooked an andouille sausage for the stuffed peppers, made the chicken for Emerill's chicken nacho recipe, started a loaf of Italian country bread for Monday, and made pico de gallo. I love cooking.


Regis went to take a nap and I'm going to take a bath with a glass of wine. Then we're going out in the country to a party where a band, One Fast Move, is playing. That's them in the picture. Sherry, who invited us, is a math teacher who used to work at the school where I have worked for a million years. They live in an earth sheltered home out in the country by the river. Should be a good time.

Peter and I are doing the 5k tomorrow morning. We have to be there at 6 to sign in and get our bag o' stuff. I bet he'll regret telling me he'd do this with me. Ha! I'll report my time but you know how I am with numbers and I really don't care about that anyway. I have done two runs before and my time was somewhere around 40-45 minutes but I don't remember how long they were. I do this for fun, dang it!

I might have done a little bit too much with my shoulders this weekend...lawn mowing, weed pulling, weight lifting. I can feel it already but maybe the wine and some ice (on my shoulders) will help.

Safe and happy 4th of July. Don't sit home and mope. Get out and do something fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff