getting ready for my birthday

October is my birthday month. If you know me, you know that I love my birthday and start reminding people far in advance that it's coming. I don't think of this as self-absorption, but as something I really enjoy so I better make sure it happens. You don't get to whine about missing the celebration if you don't take a hand in it yourself.


Tonight I talked to me dear friend, Betty. For the last several years, we've celebrated my birthday at their house with food and wine and camaraderi. We like to pass out candy to the little kids, dress up in crazy costumes, cook up a bunch of good food, and generally act crazy. They invite all our friends and kids and grandbabies so it's a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to it.


Tonight I made a menu for the coming week. For the last two weeks, things have been so crazy, I have neglected many things and that's just one. Regis is shopping for groceries tomorrow morning so the larder will be stocked again. Now, Peter can come home.


Well, here you go. I've passed the evening and it's time to go to bed.

Comments

karen1 said…
I really want to come to that party! I can't wait for your birthday, so here's a Happy Birthday Month for you.

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff