early monday

I'm awake at 3 a.m. worrying about icy roads and how I will get to the store for my Thanksgiving groceries. Finally decided to get up and check the weather. Like that will make a difference. And after all of that, I forgot to check.

Also worried about not having enough time to thaw my turkey if I buy it tomorrow. Is it the full moon that does this?

Ella came over Sunday afternoon to bake a pumpkin that we got at Living Land Farm this fall. She wants to make a pie so we baked the pumpkin and she'll come over on Wednesday to finish the pie.


Scooping out the pumpkin guts as she calls them.


Almost five years old!


The finished product. She liked the pumpkin with a little brown sugar on it.


We sat in the chair with the hula girl lights around our necks.


Snuggling.


Looking stylish.

The forecast doesn't look too bad for tomorrow. Icy rain today. Ugh. I have to find my yak trax. Of all things, I found the ones Regis never even put on last year but now I can't find mine. I wore them all the time. What the hell. I hate losing things but it's the story of my life.

Rooting around for Yak Trax at 3:30 in the morning. This is insane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff