found this in the do not delete file

I wrote this some time ago and forgot about it. I found it stashed in the do not delete file. It must have been a mental exercise (Oh, yes! Prompted by my internet friend, Karen!)


What I believe…

  1. I believe in the basic goodness of most people.
  2. I believe I was born and I will die. How I spend the days in between is what matters.
  3. I believe in doing something fun every day. That can mean finding fun in the ordinary things I do.
  4. I believe in not doing things I don’t want to do. There are some unpleasant things in life that are necessary to do. I don’t mean those. But I try to avoid things that are done only out of a sense of obligation.
  5. I believe in spending my precious time with people I like and who like me back.
  6. I believe in eating the best food I can afford, the best wine I can afford, and I believe in wearing clothes that sparkle.
  7. I believe I was the best mother I knew how to be to my children but I believe I will always feel sad about things done and not done.
  8. I believe that stories are important.  My stories, everyone’s stories.  And I believe it’s all part of the story.
  9. I believe in the power of words. My experiences aren’t as rich if I can’t share them through words.
  10. I believe in connections between people. If I take the time to visit with people and listen to their stories, we make connections that help us get through and enjoy life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff