new year stuff

Happy New Year to all!

Yes, Jill, I can post my weekly meal plan! Sometimes all you need is an idea. I like having the links to the recipes, too, as I have been known to forget where I put one. I like your ideas for the tortilla soup.

I made a big pot of chili today. I used dried beans and even though they soaked overnight, they aren't softening up. Do beans get old? Regis will do some internet research to solve the mystery. I'd hate to have to throw out all that chili. It's edible but not enjoyable at this point.

Research reveals much controversy about beans. Some theorize that beans get old, some that a cooking method is preferable over another, and some that your altitude makes a difference. So, who knows. We'll keep cooking that chili and see what happens.

One of our friends gave us a bag of Chex mix for Christmas. We each had a tiny bowl of it last night, then I gave it to Peter and told him to hide it in the basement. It's like crack (or probably what I think I know about crack, not having any experience first hand) and I can't have it around.

Our weather situation is still precarious. The radar shows rain just reaching Mankato now so our dinner plans are consequently precarious as well. We don't care. We have alternate plans in case we're foiled by the weather.

Note: It started to spit some little icy pellets that rolled right off the garage roof. Regis said it looks like it will pass quickly and nothing is behind it.

This is the second day in a row that I have been in my nightgown until past noon. Is this a sign of something? Mental deterioration? General malaise? Monday I go back to work and pajamas are generally frowned upon there so this will end.

I just went back and read posts from the end of December and into January for 2007, 2008, and 2009. Pretty much each year ends the same. I spend a couple days right before New Year's Eve in my pajamas, taking naps, and trying to clean up the Christmas mess. I don't make any resolutions but I think about things I might want to do differently in the new year. Not a bad was to transition.


Well, I'm going to take a candle lit bath and think about putting on some sparkle for the day. Yesterday, I wore my sparkley leggings and rhinestone earrings to the coop to buy bread and milk. What the hell. It's December, it's cold and dark, and there are things we could be sad about but over all, it's a rotten world with great peaches.

Happy 2011!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff