weird stuff

When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.
- Mark Twain in Mark Twain’s Notebook, 1898
That explains a lot, now doesn't it?

The other day, a card came in the mail from the PO. It said this: Notice to mailer of address correction. I puzzled over it for days. What did it mean? It was telling me that the address of the Herald was not Box whatever but 311 S. Minnesota Avenue. And I owed 50 cents postage due. What the hell. The Herald has been, as Regis pointed out, in the same building for 150 years. Governor Johnson worked in that building. Should I tape two quarters to the card and drop it back in the mailbox?

Out on Highway 22, there is a monster billboard that just proclaims, in large black letters: JESUS. A friend of mine told me that his five year old son thought that Jesus was a convenience store. Well, the rest of the billboards are for things like gas stations and restaurants and...stores.

I woke up at 3 a.m. again. I'm sitting here with a piece of peanut butter toast, trying to make my plan for the day. Should I exercise at 7:00? Should I go downtown and do a little last-minute shopping? Should I bake something?

I think I have to go back to bed for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff