monday

Well, here it is...Monday again. I'm making an Alton Brown meatloaf for dinner. I have a good meatloaf recipe but this afternoon, I read the article and so I'm trying some new techniques: baking it free form in a bigger pan, sauteing the vegetables (carrot, red pepper, onion, garlic) before their addition, and starting it at 450 degrees for fifteen minutes. 


It was delicious but the whole process was time-consuming. We had a big green salad with it. I love to make salads now that I have a pretty salad bowl and a pair of salad hands.

I skipped my exercise a few days last week. The cold weather at 4 a.m. was prohibitive. I'm back at it this week and today's workout was tough. Rachel says you don't lose strength that fast but holy crap, I almost wept. At least I didn't have to do any push-ups.

Regis enjoyed his first day at work although he reminded me about what a first day at a job is like. You don't know where the bathroom is, where to hang your coat, where to stow your lunch, where the light switches are...and so on. Like being a stranger on the planet. He did find time to text me this picture.


I'm getting tired and anxious to go to bed and read. Guess I'll end with this random photo I found in my download box.



Comments

Jill said…
Now there's a slogan for 2011!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff