weird stuff

Today I decided to track my calories for a while. I haven't done this for a long time but want to know about how many I am consuming at this stage of weight maintenance. To that end, I installed an app on my phone. It's called Calorie Counter and it let's me log food and exercise...on my phone. It links to my computer so I can look at it there, too. But, the really amazing thing is this. I had yogurt for breakfast. With my phone, I can scan the bar code on the yogurt and it finds what the product is and logs it for you. What the hell. And this little youtube video will demonstrate that for you. Again, what the hell.

Don't watch the whole thing...just up to the barcode reader part.



I don't like the "fat secret" connotation or the "diet" message of the whole thing but I think I can block that out. I will not be recording exercise on this thing either because I do that in other ways and like to think of that as completely separate from my weight and food intake. I'm only curious about how much I eat now.

But, really. Is this barcode reader amazing, or what?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff