ah, friday

I worked hard this morning, although the tendency is to put things in the mail instead of going to real meetings.

I had lunch with an old friend sitting right on Minnesota Avenue.

I shopped for baby gifts and birthday gifts and thank you gifts and things that I have not been able to get my head around for months. A good sign, I think.

Four days to go.

Regis and I went to put gas in my car. He checked his records and two years ago, on July 2nd, gas was about $2.50 a gallon. Dang. Today it cost 60 dollars to fill it up. Dang.

We stopped to buy beer and a cheap bottle of wine. I like cheap wine, really.

It looks like it's clouding up again. I'm afraid to look. The sunshine today was so nice.

Vickie is coming to sit on the patio and drink wine and eat smoked sausage and peppers on the grill. A grand way to end the week.

The damn state government is talking about shutting down on July 1st which will mess with so many people. I can't believe we pay them to play this silly game. I think when tax time rolls around, we'll say, "Gosh, no. We can't decide." A lot of people will be hurt if this happens. What the hell.

I can't wait to get this temporary crown replaced. I think it's a radio receiver and I'm bringing in Tokyo. If I happen to bang it with a metal fork, it hurts for days.

When I got home from work, Regis looked at me amazed. He thought I was in the bedroom taking a nap so had been quiet for an hour. It was the alien me coming in the door.

On to the weekend, friends.

Comments

Jill said…
Four days... just FOUR DAYS!!

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff