here it is tuesday night already

Regis and I are cooking tonight. The River Rock crowd is coming over to see the movie Black Gold, we're making suffed poblano and jalapeno peppers, and bread cheese. Our house smells like onions and peppers and Andouille sausage.

I came home yesterday after a ten-hour day and went to bed at 7 o'clock. I slept all night and felt great when I got up this morning to work out with Rachel. That TRX is a killer but it was a good killin'. There is almost nothing like a good night's sleep.

I think I got jalapeno on my hands and rubbed my nose. Must have nicked the glove with my knife. Not good.

I came home today to find a new pet fence keeping Gus out of the living room. I had to laugh. I wonder when the bear is arriving that this fence is designed to enclose. It's enormous. I could step over the one we borrowed but this one...a moose couldn't step over it. Regis says I will be glad when he is fully grown and we are able to contain him. Here's a picture but keep in mind this is inside the house. We also got 700 pet waste bags. That should be a lifetime supply but probably is not.


We have tiny green bugs on the patio that Regis (amateur entomologist) has identified as aphids. What the hell are those and why are they crawling on me?

We are in the process of working with two different flooring companies to replace the flooring in our house, which took a beating with the last dogs. A lesser woman would have given up on this project as it requires too many tools, measuring devices, estimates, and visits to showrooms. I just want someone to pick out something I would like in a price range I can afford, come in and complete the project when I am gone from the house for a few hours, leave no sign that they were there, and send me a bill. Is that too much to ask?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

festival of winter fun

being thankful

dreams and sucking out the bad stuff